Two breakfast smoothies

Saturday, March 14, 2015 Millie 1 Comments




I love to start my mornings with porridge and berries, but sometimes I just really crave a cold and creamy smoothie. During my first year of university I did not have a blender and this resulted in me satisfying my smoothie/milkshake cravings from take away places, and they obviously aren't as good as homemade ones. BUT NOW I finally have a blender and I can finally go crazy with smoothies and milkshakes. This is a perfect breakfast if you don't have much time in the morning and really need something packed with energy and flavour.

Green Avocado Smoothie
I love avocado and especially in smoothies as they create this really smooth and creamy texture. Don't go crazy though, or else the avocado will overpower everything else in this smoothie. I find that adding frozen mango (or pineapple?) adds a nice sweet and acidic contrast to the creamy avocado.

You'll need:
3 dl milk of your choice
Handful chopped frozen mango
1/2 avocado
Handful spinach
Handful frozen chopped banana (optional)
  Banana & Chocolate smoothie
If you're a chocoholic like most people I know this is a perfect way to enjoy a chocolate banana smoothie and a perfect way to start any morning (Especially Mondays).

You'll need:
3 dl milk (dairy, oat, coconut or almond)
1 frozen banana
2-3 tsp organic raw cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
Handful of raspberries (Optional)

1 comment :

  1. love it. I remember the feeling of bringing home my blender when I first got it. smoothies everyday, almost! :) I'll definitely try the banana + chocolate smoothie recipe, thanks for sharing x

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete